Eggplant, Organic, Purple Long Eggplant, Italian Heirloom~ 500 Vegetable Seeds !
- Category:Lawn & Patio
- Buy New: $1.70
as of 1/16/2018 14:22 MST details
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Seller:Golden wheat fields
- Sales Rank:5,740
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.1
- Dimensions (in):6 x 4 x 0.2
- Harvesting & Storage: Begin harvesting early when fruits are half their mature size; young fruits are more tender and early picking will increase yields. Cut the fruit from the plant with shears leaving some stem attached.
- Eggplant - Purple Long - Solanum melongena var. esculentum This Italian heirloom eggplant, Long Purple, produces dark purple cucumber-shaped fruit with firm, mild flesh! Tender Annual Purple Long eggplants are a prolific Italian variety. Heavily branched plants typically yield 4 or more dark-purple, cucumber-shaped fruits 8"-10" long. It yields well in northern climates. Originally from Asia, eggplant is a staple of Indian and Asian cuisines. It is grilled, baked, roasted, pickled, mashed, and dried.
- Soil & Water: Eggplants prefer moderately fertile, well-drained loamy soil supplemented with plenty of added organic matter and a pH of 6.0-6.8. Eggplants require heavy water and warm soil. Planting & Growing: Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before last frost. Sow seeds directly in a warm climates only. Because eggplants need plenty of water and warm conditions to grow, production accessories such as drip irrigation, plastic mulch, and row covers are a good idea. All eggplants are chill sensitive.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.